These are purchased when needed and delivered directly from the manufacturer to the field programme.
LLIN - Long Lasting Impregnated Bednets:
- denier: =/> 100
- knitted from multifilament polyester, polypropylene or polyethylene fibres
- impregnated with Permethrin, Deltamethrin or other suitable insecticides
- conforming to WHOPES certification for LLIN (World Health Organisation Pesticide Evaluation Scheme)
These bednets are impregnated with photo-stable insecticides. There will be loss of efficiency if they are left open to air and light. Therefore they should be unpacked only at the time of distribution.
Long-lasting bed nets with WHOPES certification are able to withstand more than 20 washes and last several years.
- Information on LLIN Bednets
The advantages of a Long Lasting Impregnated Net are: it repels mosquitoes, it also kills them when within or in contact with the net. In addition the bednet provides some protection to the user from fleas, bed-bugs, sandflies etc. The impregnated net can be used by adults and children for protection against mosquito-borne diseases and is recommended for use in areas with reported diseases such as malaria, dengue, encephalitis, etc.
NOTE: Where there is danger of disease transmission always sleep under a treated mosquito bednet. Use the net correctly: tuck edges under mattress, repair holes, do not approach net with naked flames e.g. candles.
- Ready To Ship: 2 weeks
- Packaging: Bale
- Volume (m³): 0.285
- Weight (kg): 52
- Item Dimensions (cm): 85 x 67 x 50
- Made In: Viet Nam