Chlorine granules, used for disinfecting drinking water, cleaning, and virus control, suitable for air freight.
Health & Safety
Personal protection - wear safety glasses. Keep dry and well away from acids. Harmful if swallowed; maybe harmful in contact with skin or eyes or if inhaled.
Environmental information - very toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long-term damage in the environment.
- Treatment of drinking water is usually carried out using a stock solution at 1%.
- Water for hand washing and sanitising is required at 0.05% (500 mg/l or ppm) - MSF guidelines for Ebola response
- For virus control, disinfecting solution is required at 0.5% (5000 mg/l or ppm) - MSF guidelines for Ebola response
- Chlorine granules have a shelf life of approximately 2 years from manufacture date.
- NOTE: Always check and confirm the percentage of available active chlorine in the product before mixing a solution
Chlorine granules can usually be sourced locally. Higher concentrations or different products (HTH, Sodium Trichloroisocyanurate) will be available. Always check the percentage of active chlorine before purchasing or using the product.
Remember to adjust your calculations according to the percentage of available chlorine in the product that you use.
5kg tub of sodium dichloroisocyanurate, dihydrate (NaDCC), containing minimum 50% active chlorine (nominally 56%)
Product conforms to:
- European Committee of Standardisation EN12932:2008 Chemicals used in Treatment of Water Intended for Human Consumption - Chemicals for Emergency Use - Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate Dihydrate
- US and International NSF/ANSI Standard 60
- Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives - JECFA Specification
NOTE: To be classified as non-hazardous for air freight the maximum size of a single container is 5kg.
- Ready To Ship: 2 days
- Made In: Ireland
- Packaging: Plastic Containers
- Volume (m³): 0.012
- Item Dimensions (cm): 22 x 22 x 20
- Weight (kg): 5