Please note that, as with all our catalogue products, this item is not available for sale to the general public.
The LifeSaver Jerrycan provides micro-biologically safe drinking water as per independent test results (an adaptation of NSF P231). It is designed for short to medium term usage by a small group such as a family, community or field team for up to 15,000 litres.
Raw water is stored in the vessel. The hand pump is used to raise the pressure which drives water through the ultra filtration core. Safe water is delivered at a rate that is immediately usable. Secondary storage is not required mitigating the risk from secondary contamination.
- The filter stays in the Jerry Can it is not remove or 'cleaned'. The Can is rinsed with cleaner water regularly to prolong filter life.
- Experience has shown that the success of all distributed household water level filter and chemical options is highly dependant on the level of demonstration, training, and ongoing monitoring that is given.
Note: A newly introduced method or technology is likely to be less successful than a known and familiar one.
LifeSaver Jerrycan with manual pump and filtration system.
- 18.5 litre capacity
- Ultra filtration to:
Bacteria removal >99.9999 Log 6
Cyst removal >99.99 Log 4
Virus removal >99.99 Log 4
NOTE: Product tested Jan 2016 in accordance with US EPA Guide Standard;1987, NSF;2003 P231 for Microbiological Purifiers
- Initial flow rate 3.5 litre/minute at 1 bar
- Filter will treat 15,000
- Pressure release, to provide protection against over pressurising
- Ready To Ship: 2 days
- Made In: United Kingdom
- Packaging: Carton
- Volume (m³): 0.034
- Item Dimensions (cm): 50 x 36 x 18
- Weight (kg): 4