Kit to convert a latrine slab into a pour-flush slab. This kit is used with Oxfam Code: LOPN (can be used with Dunster and Nag Magic slabs). Together they form a hygienic pour-flush latrine slab for first phase emergencies where communities use water for flushing and anal cleansing.
- The pour-flush kit is fixed to the underside of a latrine slab using the brass screws provided. The P-trap is joined to the pan using adhesive. The P-trap is then connected by pipe to a septic tank, reception/holding tank, a stabilisation pond or existing sewer. Alternatively it can exit directly into a tank below the slab (to work as a 'U' trap to reduce odour).
It is good practice for the drainpipe to have a slope of at least 2% to the tanks to facilitate easy flow and minimise silting and blockages. In situations where the pour-flush system is connected to reception/holding tanks, ensure that means for desludging the tanks are put in place.
- The unit, with its roll-over flange top, can also be installed into a concrete latrine slab during production or retrofitted to make latrine improvement.
- When installing this system, ensure there is enough water to flush the toilet and provision should also be made for storage or easy collection of water near the toilet. It is good practice to allow at least 4 litres per person per day for pour-flushing and anal cleansing.
- 2mm thick plastic Polypropylene Copolymer (PPCP) pour flush toilet pan with a slope of 35 degrees (for easy flush and reduced water requirement) and exit pipe size of 81mm (OD). The pan is scratch, hydrochloric acid and uric acid resistant
470mm long x 250mm wide x 345mm high with five holes for bolting onto the underside of a plastic latrine slab (Oxfam Code: LOPN).
- 2.5mm thick plastic PPCP toilet P-trap with a 20 mm water seal to minimise odours, 81.7mm (ID) inlet pipe and 104.5mm (OD) exit pipe. The exit pipe has a slope of 10 degrees for easy flushing and reduced usage of water.
- M6 x 15mm brass screws with brass plain washers to be used for bolting a pan on the underside of a LOPN slab (5 per pan).
- plastic ampoule of adhesive for joining the pan to the trap.
|1||35||Each||Pour flush toilet pan|
|3||35||Kit(s)||Screws, M6 x 15mm, brass, with brass plain washers (x5)|
- Ready To Ship: 2 days
- Made In: India
- Packaging: Carton
- Item Dimensions (cm): 120 x 80 x 41
- Volume (m³): 0.394
- Weight (kg): 32