Pallet of 35 plastic latrine slabs for first phase emergency use. Ideal for family and communal latrines (health centres, feeding centres, schools).
- linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE - UV protected) squatting slabs, neutral colour
- 1.2m long x 0.8m wide x 35mm thick
- HDPE (UV protected) hinged hole cover
- five M6 x 15mm brass moulded inserts on the underside of the slab - for bolting on a pan and trap
- This slab can be used as a direct drop self-supporting slab or a pour-flush slab. As a direct drop slab it may be used on trenches or pits up to 0.9m wide so that there is at least 10cm of the slab firmly on the ground. The slab needs no supporting members under it. The pit edge must be firm and stable before installing the slab. Good practice is to always put a lintel of concrete, bricks or blocks around the top of the pit to receive/hold the slab.
- The slab is for use in public pit or trench latrines during the first phase of an emergency. One slab should be allowed for 50 people in the first phase but the number should gradually reduce to the minimum standard of 20 people per latrine.
For 5,000 people, 3 self-supporting slab kits should be ordered in the first phase.
- For longer term excreta disposal, slabs made from cheaper and locally available materials should be used. Concrete slabs may be produced using a steel or wooden mould.
- Ready To Ship: 2 days
- Made In: United Kingdom
- Packaging: Pallet
- Item Dimensions (cm): 120 x 80 x 138
- Volume (m³): 1.325
- Weight (kg): 340