Easy to assemble kit to provide a durable latrine superstructure in first phase emergencies. Used for communal latrines, health centres, feeding centres, and schools etc.
This unit features an easy to clean material, for low maintenance, and is easy to build by unskilled labour with minimal instruction. Each kit includes a set of tools for assembly of the units.
The kit is optimised for airfreight by packing 14 units to a pallet.
Where sea freight is preferred the superstructures will be packed 22 to a pallet.
- This kit is designed to be used with plastic latrine slabs, 120 x 80 cm.
- The emergency superstructure kit is for use in public pit or trench latrines during the first phase of an emergency. A latrine should be provided for 50 people in first phase emergency but the number of users should gradually reduce to the minimum standard of 20 people per latrine.
- For longer-term excreta disposal, superstructure made from locally available materials should be used. Stabilised soil blocks, concrete blocks, clay bricks or timber may be used with thatch or iron sheets for roof as may be appropriate.
- Dimensions: Height 210 cm, Depth 120 cm, Width 80 cm
- Unit weight 30 kg
- 4mm corrugated plastic, UV stabilised
- Pressure treated timber frame (protected against rot and insects)
- Slanted roof for rain run off
- Ventilation gap
- Internal and external locking capability
- All fixings included
- Solar lighting
- Rainwater guttering
- Ground anchors
- Ready To Ship: 2 weeks
- Made In: United Kingdom
- Packaging: Pallet
- Item Dimensions (cm): 210 x 120 x 135
- Volume (m³): 3.4
- Weight (kg): 450