Combined flocculation and disinfectant sachets for treating water at the household level. These sachets are used when water is too turbid for chlorine tablets to be effective on their own. The contents is mixed with water and after 30 minutes the flocculant causes the suspended material to clump together then sink. Clear, chlorinated water can be poured off and used.
- Sachet treats 15 - 20 litres
- contains aluminium sulphate and chlorine
Typically, for use in flooding type scenarios where people are still in their houses and it is impossible to have a centralised water point. After explaining to families how to use the sachet they should be given up to a months supply solely for drinking water. This strategy is only for the first few weeks of an emergency.
- 6,000 sachets is sufficient for providing drinking water (4 litres per person per day) for 1,000 people for 30 days.
- add contents of sachet to a container and stir
- wait 30 minutes then pour water into another container, through a filter of cotton cloth to capture the sediment
- water is then ready for drinking
A newly introduced method or technology is likely to be less successful than a known and familiar one.
- Ready To Ship: 2 weeks
- Made In: South Africa
- Packaging: Carton
- Item Dimensions (cm): 54 x 52 x 80
- Volume (m³): 0.225
- Weight (kg): 42