Box of 25,000 tablets to enable water disinfection at the household level in first phase emergencies. Use one tablet for every 20 litre container, or 14 litre Oxfam Jerry Bucket of water. After adding the tablet, cover the container and leave for 30 minutes before use.
- Each tablet contains 67mg NaDCC Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate
- Each tablet will treat 10-20 litres of water
- Each tablet to give will give the following chlorine residual after 30 minutes contact time:
0.5 mg/l (5 ppm) in 10 litres
0.2 - 0.3 mg/l (2-3 ppm) in 15 - 20 litres
- Experience has shown that the success of all distributed household water level filter and chemical options is highly dependant on the level of demonstration, training, and ongoing monitoring that is given. A newly introduced method or technology is likely to be less successful than a known and familiar one.
- In all instances a jar test of the water source should be done before distributing the tablets
- Oxfam advocates the using of this size of tablet as water containers are invariably a source of secondary contamination and water collected by beneficiaries may not be used immediately.
- For effective disinfection, the water should be less than 10 NTU. Dosage will vary depending on water turbidity. If the water is turbid it should be allowed to settle then carefully poured into another container before adding the tablet. Where flocculation is also required use Code: FCF
- Ready To Ship: 2 days
- Made In: United Kingdom
- Packaging: Carton
- Volume (m³): 0.082
- Item Dimensions (cm): 60 x 40 x 34
- Weight (kg): 14
Three concentration ranges available